Monday, July 12, 2010

The Secret

The Law of Attraction certainly is getting a lot of attention since the mega hit book/movie/media "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne.

When I first read the book, I could totally relate to many of the principals.  Do I think that if I stay up all night focusing on a brand new Mercedes in my driveway, it will be there when I wake up in the morning?  No, I don't.  What I do know for sure though, is if I think there will never be a Mercedes in my driveway, then there won't be.  I think too much attention has been given to the broad idea of manifestation, without enough emphasis on the free will that would NEED to be involved as well. You're not going to win the lottery, no matter how much you believe it, unless you buy a lottery ticket!

So I guess what I'm saying that to me, the Law of Attraction is more about focusing on what is important to you, and then believing you can make it happen.  It's about positive, optimistic thinking, leading to a positive, optimistic outlook on life.  Who was it that said "If you think you can't do something, you're right"?

Have you ever heard of Sandra Anne Taylor?  She's just re-published a book called Truth, Triumph and Transformation, and its fabulous.  It's a hands on book, a book to DO, not just read.  Most of Sandra's books are like that.  You need to buy your own copy, because if you're like me, you'll be highlighting and writing all over it.  It basically takes the law of attraction, and puts it in your own hands, showing what you can do to focus your mindset on the positives in your life to attract what it is you desire.  Most of Sandras books were originally published well before "The Secret" was even written, Sandra has been writing and lecturing about the Law of Attraction for years.  Another great book she wrote is "Secrets of Attraction", published in 1991, again well before Rhonda Byrnes book.  If you have a few minutes, listen to this interview with Sandra Taylor:




I really believe that in order to have the best, you have to expect the best!

(And yes,  I HAVE manifested open parking spaces when I really need one!)

Live as if time is infinite!

No comments: